how to care for your
Caring for your contact lenses
- Use only solutions recommeded by your Doctor.
- Avoid getting makeup on your hands or lenses.
- Check for lens damage before each insertion.
- Wear good quality sunglasses if glare or surface reflection bother your eyes.
- Keep your storage case clean and change the solution regularly.
- Clean lenses after each wearing before re-insertion.
- Have regular checkups as directed by your doctor.
- Keep your fingernails trimmed to avoid damaging lenses.
- Keep a spare pair of glasses on hand in case you lose or damage your lenses.
- Remove your lenses and call your Doctor if symptoms such as pain for excesive redness persist.
- Avoid overhead hair dryers or hair spray while wearing lenses.
- Sleep or nap while you wear your lenses.
- Swim with your lenses in.
- Shower with your lenses in place.
- Over wear your lenses. Keep a pair of backup glasses.
- Wet your lenses using saliva.
- Rub your eyes while wearing lenses.
- Put drops in your eyes while wearing your lenses without your Doctor's approval.
- Count on contact lenses for eye protection. Always wear safety glasses if your job or activities pose a hazard which could result in eye injury.